Tuesday, June 17, 2008

No dial tone

Our phone service is broken here in Guilford, no dial tone. But DSL service is still working. This comes on the heels of a DSL outage a few weeks back. I figured I'd see if I could request a repair call via the web. No such luck. Fairpoint Communications does not have an online reporting tool like Verizon did. So after some Googling, I found some email addresses:

operatorservice@fairpoint.com
information@fairpoint.com

I emailed operatorservice twice, then I got a response:

Operator Service [Nightwatch - Chatham, NY]
to John Majonen
date Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 2:27 PM
subject RE: No dial tone

Hi John.

Your trouble is part of an area cable failure. The commit time issued for this outage is tonight by 11pm.’

Thank you,
Fairpoint Communications Repair

Bookmark and Share

No comments: