Wednesday, October 22, 2008

How to become a grave digger

As I passed by Baker Cemetery the other day I saw a guy from the waist up, halfway into a hole. He was wielding a shovel, and there was a pile of dirt to his right. It's unusual these days to see someone manually digging a grave and it got me to thinking "How does one go about becoming a grave digger?" I figure in this economic climate it's a job with some security since people are always dying. Of course, there is some competition with the cremation industry, but there are still plenty of bodies needing graves.

So I dug around and found some information on the web about the grave digging occupation. Consider this post a little starting point for those who aspire to go six feet under and get paid for it.

Bookmark and Share

No comments: